I love this respect that Tuscans have for their land and the bounty it provides. Tuscan speak of the land as if it was an actual member of their own family. I really dig that about them!
These easy-to-make, gourmet potato chips are an homage to the Tuscan people. They're little powerhouses of flavor; they remind you that the best flavors are simple & pure, and you don't have to look further than your own backyard. No flavored dips needed with these chips; that would be gilding the lily!
Pairs very well with Pinot Grigio, or Prosecco. Salute!
Special Equipment: candy thermometer, mandoline slicer, wire-mesh slotted spoon
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and sliced very thinly with a mandoline)
- 5 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of fresh rosemary (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup of dried sage leaves (chopped finely)
- 2 tablespoons of basil-infused sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of Himalayan Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 4 cups of canola oil (for frying)
- 1 liter of cold water (for soaking potatoes)