This self-lined bandeau bikini is super simple to make. It's only made of 4 rectangles and doesn't use very much fabric. I was able to make it with 1/4 meter each color. This bandeau could easily cost less than $10, or maybe even free if you have some scrap fabric laying around!
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
- bathing suit material or jersey
- tape measure
- matching thread
- sewing machine
Step 2: Measure and Cut
- Measure around the fullest part of your bust. (Eg. 34 inches)
- Take the 1st Measurement and divide that number in half. Add about an inch to that number for seam allowance. (Eg. 34/2 + 1 = 18 inches)
- Measure how much vertical coverage you want. Add about an inch to that number for seam allowance. (Eg. 6 + 1 = 7 inches)
- Take the 3rd Measurement and add about 2 inches. (Eg. 7 + 2 = 9 inches)
- 2 rectangles of fabric with the dimensions of 2nd Measurement x 3rd Measurement for the front pieces. I used 2 different colors, so I cut one rectangle of each.
- 2 rectangles of fabric with the dimensions of 1st Measurement x 4th Measurement for the back pieces.
I used 2 different colors, so I cut one rectangle of each.
Make sure you cut your fabric so that the stretch is going lengthwise. You may want to cut out paper pattern pieces first to make sure you have the correct measurements.