Introduction: Two-Color Cupcake Frosting
Hi! This is a super easy way to make pretty two-color frosted cupcakes.
Step 1: What You'll Need
- Cupcakes ready to be frosted
- Frosting (I used store bought but home-made frosting would work, too)
- Cake Decorating tips and connection pieces
- Disposable Decorating Bags
- Food Colors
Step 2: Setting Up the Decorating Bags
Prepare the Frosting
- Put some of the frosting in a bowl.
- Add a couple drops of food color to create your desired color
- Mix well
- Add more food color and mix again until you are happy with the color
Prepare the Piping Bags
- Trim a small amount of plastic from the tip of one Disposable Decorating Bag
- Insert the inside part of the decorating tip holder into the bag. You'll want a snug fit so push it down as far as it will go. Trim away any more plastic so you have a nice wide opening.
- Place the desired tip in place, secure the outside ring of the decorating tip holder in place
Get everything ready to frost!
- Fill a disposable decorating bag with each color of frosting you wish to use on this project.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of each decorating bag. The hole in the bag should be the same size for an even distribution of color. If you want more of one color of frosting than the other, cut a larger hole in the decorating bag of the color you want most prominent.
- Add both frosting filled bags into the bag you prepared with the decorating tip.
- It can be helpful to staple all the bag ends together evenly so they hold in place
Step 3: Frost the Cupcakes
Frost your cupcakes
- You will want to work the frosting down into the tip and make sure both colors are coming out before you start frosting the cupcakes.
- Work in a circle around the top of the cupcake. The trick to getting half one color half another color cupcakes is to not rotate the bag in your hand while you work your way around the top of the cupcake.
That's it. Simple two-color frosted cupcakes.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.