I'll use a monkey fist (ABOK #2205) and a Lanyard Knot (ABOK #787) along with a Solomon Bar (ABOK #2496). eddy14777 has a good example of a lanyard knot at http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Tie-the-Lanyard-Knot/?ALLSTEPS. The Monkey Fist http://www.instructables.com/id/Paracord-monkey-fist-guide/ and Solomon Bar http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-single-color-survival-braceletparac/ have been done so many times that you can find them any where.
Step 1: Materials
- 10' of each color Paracord.(I just happened to have enough of the two best colors on the planet, Black & Gold!). It was way to much, but I had no idea how much was needed wit the three different knots. I think that about 6' of each would have worked but I had to make sure that I had enough. It was.
- A lighter to fuse the two colors together and to finish the ends.
- A small marble for the Monkey Fist.
- Scissors. That should be obvious.
- Homemade fidd. Didn't really use this but had it on hand, and it was in the picture.
This is the easiest part. Just heat the ends of the paracord enough that they start to melt, then push the two melted ends into each other. Wala! Two cords are now one!