Apple released iPhone 7 with a bunch of new features as compared with its previous versions recently. Some of the upgrades include water resistance, dual-cameras, no headphone jack, larger capacity and many more. With your newly-bought iPhone 7/7 Plus, sometimes you may need to record gameplays, video chat or make video tutorial to share with others, but fail to find any available screen recorders in App Store. In this case, you can refer to the following simple guide to learn how to record iPhone 7 screen.
Step 1: Method One: Utilizing QuickTime
Commonly known as the default media player for Mac computers, QuickTime is simple to use and supports playing video and audio files in various formats. However, only some of you know that it even provides desktop screen recording and iOS screen capturing capabilities. To know how to record your new iPhone 7 screen using QuickTime, you can take a look at the simple guide below.
- Connect your iPhone 7 to Mac using lightning cable.
- Open the QuickTime player, go to "File" menu and select "New Movie Recording" from there.
- Next, choose your iPhone 7 device and then the screen will be streamed to your computer.
- Hit the record button to initiate capturing and hit it again to stop recording.
Note that: one of the downsides of this method is that it doesn't capture system audio, it can only record microphone audio. If you want to record sound from system internal audio, you have to install and use Soundflower.
Step 2: Method Two: Using Professional IPhone/iPad Recorder
Unlike QuickTime, this desktop iPhone/iPad recorder does not require using any lightning cables for connecting. Users can easily connect their iPhone 7 to Windows/Mac via Apple's built-in AirPlay feature. And the most important is that it can directly capture sound from your iPhone internal system sound and microphone, which is great for capturing video chat like Skype, FaceTime, etc. Plus, it also supports taking screenshots. Simply know how to use it to capture iPhone 7 screen from below.
- Set up your phone and computer under the same network.
- Launch the application online from its official page or download it.
- Swipe up your iPhone 7 to open Control Center and tab "AirPlay Mirroring".
- Find the item with your computer name on it and then tap it for connection.
- Once it's connected, you can view the displayed screen on computer.
- Hit the record button to do the screencast and hit the same button again to save it.