This candle design requires a lot of wax. You've been warned; it's messy!
- Two-foot diameter beach ball.
- Paraffin pillar wax, 2-5 lbs. (Do not use soy, container, or bees wax; they are too sooty, soft, and expensive, respectively.)
- Wicks or string, ~22 ft.
- Melt wax in a double boiler. Never melt wax directly in a pot on an open flame. It's very dangerous!
- Slop, scoop, and pour wax on beach ball until it is ~1/2 inch thick.
- Add wicks.
- Slop on more wax until it's about 2 inches thick on the bottom.
- Let harden. Deflate and remove beach ball from top.
- Place candle on a stand or in water.
- Take pictures! Candle burns for 2-3 hours.