Introduction: USB Barcode Scanner (Raspberry Pi)
Basic tutorial of how to setup a USB barcode scanner with the Raspberry Pi.
Step 1: Parts
Step 2: Setup
1. Plug in USB Barcode Scanner to Raspberry Pi
2. Boot Pi and open terminal
Type "sudo raspi-config"
3. Go to interfacing options and enable "Serial"
4. Install dependencies
Type "pip install requests"
5. Navigate to https://upcdatabase.org/ and create a free account and take note of api key
6. Edit line 6 of barcode.py and enter your api key
7. Type "sudo python barcode.py" to run script (press ctrl+c to exit script)
Step 3: Code
"pip install requests"
sudo python barcode.py
Step 4: Additional Info
Online Guide: https://www.piddlerintheroot.com/barcode-scanner/
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
Is a pi3 mandatory? I have a pi2, and I'm running into difficulties getting python script to respond with python2, and python3 can't install request.
Hello, i'm completely new with the raspberrypi. I've used arduino alot but was wondering what u use the micro SD and jumper cables for. I can't find any use for them in your project, do you have a cicuit I can follow?
It shows an error called
No such file/directory dev/hidraw0 exists
how should I fix it?
What version RPI are you running it on? Are you running it in sudo? Try running the updated the code.