Introduction: USB Barcode Scanner (Raspberry Pi)
Basic tutorial of how to setup a USB barcode scanner with the Raspberry Pi.
*Note: Due to API changes, python script needs modification to interact with the New API
Step 1: Parts
Step 2: Setup
1. Plug in USB Barcode Scanner to Raspberry Pi
2. Boot Pi and open terminal
Type "sudo raspi-config"
3. Go to interfacing options and enable "Serial"
4. Install dependencies
Type "pip install requests"
5. Navigate to https://upcdatabase.org/ and create a free account and take note of api key
6. Edit line 6 of barcode.py and enter your api key
7. Type "sudo python barcode.py" to run script (press ctrl+c to exit script)
Step 3: Code
"pip install requests"
Step 4: Additional Info
Online Guide: https://www.piddlerintheroot.com/barcode-scanner/