A touch of distinction for your computer!
- (the music is stored on the cigar, but played by the PC as soon as the USB disk is connected and recognized)
Gosh, I am too late for the "Get the LED out!" contest, so I'm applying for the "Pocket Sized" contest -- and I won't describe the pocket; to entirely fit into a pocket, a robusto-sized cigar should be used; and BTW a cigar has to not entirely fit into pockets ! ;-).
Please vote for me (*) and rate me high if you think (like me) that it's one of the coolest USB disks !
(*) when the pocket sized contest is open
Step 1: Needed Stuff
- This project may take more time and effort than one may thinks at first.
- It is not difficult, but it needs patience and skill.
- A thick cigar
- An USB flash disk of small dimensions
- Some wire, 2 x LEDs (red!), 1 x 10K resistor
- Wood primer
- Some tape
- A short USB extension cable
- Very thin paper, the size of a stamp
- Drill and bits
- X-Acto knives set
- Soldering iron, solder
- Desolder kit (e.g. desoldering braid)
- Hot melt glue and gun
Step 2: Impregnate and Cut the Cigar
With some cloth, impregnate the outside of the cigar with primer. Be generous, but wipe carefully.
Carefully cut the cap end (1.5 inches / 4 cm).
Dip all ends into the primer. Let dry.
Step 3: Bore the Cigar
The goal is to bore the cigar through in order to harden the inside with primer (next step).
Use drill bits of increasing diameter.
Start with a thin drill bit, using a drill stand for perfect alignment. Drill from each end.
Continue with increasing diameters, but no more than the half of the cigar diameter. Use a cordless drill/screwdriver on lowest speed.
Keep some tobacco dust for later.