Looks nice on your desk or hanging in your room or perhaps a camping trip. As it USB powered it has limits, However this can also be made to be powered by a few AA or AAA battery's and cell phone battery 3.7 volt lithium really lights these lights up good. So there are a few ways to power this device its up to you. As you can see this lantern does not have the correct globe, or any globe for that matter so I had to come up with something and make my own globe which made this build more fun for me. I hope you all enjoy it.
Step 1: Tools and parts
2. Needle nose & regular pliers.
3. Exacto knife.
4. Wire strippers.
5. Soldering iron flux & solder.
6. Small flat head & #1 phillips screwdrivers.
7. Tin snips.
9. Drill & drill Bits.
10. 1.4 Ohm resistor
11. couple lengths of wire long enough to leave extra to work with. (copper is best)
12. cheap dollar store or auto store 9 LED flashlight.
13. $3.39 single pole toggle switch from Radio Shack.