I decide to make this USB Hard Disc Box because the External hard disc are so more expensive than normal disc for computer, and almost everybody have some of this at home and they are lie somewhere not in use. So because I don't have money for new External Hard Disc I decide to make this box using old USB adapter from USB to IDE (For disc) and one power supply unit for DVD drive, you can use power from computer if you can.
Let's start building.
Step 1: Material and Tools
- For drawing we need pencil, ruler and tape.
- For sawing wood, sabre saw and someone who will hold wood (you can see my helper on picture)
- For gluing I use hot plastic glue gun
- We will need one USB - IDE adapter
- Power supply unit, as I say I use one from old DVD drive. If you can use direct from computer.
- One IDE connector from old IDE cable
- Some electronic crossbars
- Soldering station to solder crossbars and IDE connector (my solder station you can see on first picture of this instructable)
- One male and one female computer power cable
- Some protect tubes for cable
Step 2: Design Idea
Step 3: Make a Wooden Parts
When you finish with drawing must just cut the parts out.
Step 4: Assembly a Wooden Parts
Step 5: Prepare Connectors
Step 6: Assembly Last Part Together
Step 7: Connect
I hope you liked!
Please vote for USB contest!