Here is the video on youtube :D
This burger patty is full of flavor on its own and is a great base for any burger.
I love making these burgers, especially in summer around the BBQ with friends!
I have added my favorite toppings on it to make it my ultimate burger but you can put anything you want on it. This makes about 6 large burger patties.
Step 1: Ingredients
For about 6 patties you need
-500g beef mince
-1 small onion, finely diced
-1 large egg
-1 cup fresh bread crumbs (about 4 slices white bread)
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp pepper
-1-2 Tbsp water (to moisten the bread crumbs)
-1 Tbsp oil (for frying patties)
For the Burgers (What I used)
-6 fresh burger buns
-Sauces (mayonnaise, tomato relish, mustard, butter)
-1 large tomato, thinly sliced
-1 avocado, thinly sliced
- slices of cheese
Step 2: Equipment
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 cutting knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 large frying pan (2 if cooking bacon and egg)
- Oven tray (for heating burger buns in oven)
- Aluminium foil
Step 3: Finely Dice Your Onion
1. Cut your onion in half and then remove any skin
2. Place the onions flat side down onto the board then cut into the onion three times (not all the way) horizontally.
3. Now cut the onion about 4-5 times vertically to make a checker board like mark on the onion.
4. Finely cut the onion and it should be diced.
Step 4: Make Your Breadcrumbs
Get 4 slices of bread and place them in a food processor and blend until they come out as very fine crumbs
Step 5: Meat Mix
1. Place the mince, egg, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and water into the large mixing bowl.
2. With your hands squish/mix the mixture until it comes together (you can use a spoon but this really helps to mix it all together).
3. When it is all mixed add the onions and mix again until they are evenly spread in the mixture. (By adding the onions into the patty you get a better flavor when they are cooked, trust me!)
Step 6: Form the Patties
1. From the meat mix divide it into 6 evenly sized patties.
2. Let them sit for a few minutes before cooking. by letting the meat come to room temperature the meat will be more tender. (if you cook meat straight out of the fridge it can be very tough when cooked).
Step 7: Cooking the Patties
1. Heat up your large frying pan on high heat and add the tablespoon of oil. (Alternatively use the barbecue, perfect for summer!!!)
2. When the pan is really hot place the patties in the pan and let them cook for a few minutes.
3. When the patties are cooked halfway through (top half is still pink bottom is brown-grey) flip them over onto the other side and let them cook completely (or to your preference). Then serve.
Prepare your toppings while the burgers cook.
Step 8: Prepare Your Toppings (Perfectly Round Fried Egg and Bacon)
Round Fried Egg
1. With a sheet of aluminium fold it until is is about 2-3cm tall (about 3 or 4 folds).
2. Form your aluminium into a ring shape and pinch the foil together to keep it in shape.
3. Put abit of butter (less than a teaspoon on your frying pan. Place your aluminium ring over it on high heat and place your egg inside of the ring (do this slowly so that the egg does not leak out the bottom of the ring).
4. Cook the egg then with a knife carefully detatch the egg from the aluminium foil and place on the burger
1. Place the frying pan on a high heat and place the bacon in the pan (no oil is needed as bacon has enough fat that it won't stick)
2. cook to your preference and add to the burger
Step 9: Prepare Your Toppings (cheese, Avocado, Tomato, Lettuce and Buns)
Prepare your toppings
1. Slice your cheese and put it on op of the burgers while they are cooking to melt it.
2. Cut your avocado
3. Thinly slice your tomato
4. Wash and dry your lettuce leaves
5. Cut your buns in half and place them in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes to make them nice and crunchy.
Step 10: Form Your Burger
1. Start with your sauces, I used mayonnaise, English mustard and tomato relish. Spread this on the bottom part of your bun.
2. Add Lettuce, then tomato and avocado.
3. Top with your crispy bacon, burger patty with melted cheese and finally your egg.
4. Place the top of your bun on and eat straight away!