i have searched for a good mobile toolbox that is also easy to handle and were the tools are clearly visible and easy accesible..
because i didn't find what i was looking for i decided to make one myself!!
the cabinet dimensions are 130 cm height
65 cm width
47 cm depth
because it would not be possible for one person to lift this in and out the van without breaking his back i made it in 4 pieces
please let me know if you have tips or if i misspelled or write something awkward, this is not my native language,
i'm from Belgium ;-)
Step 1: All Pieces Are Cut From 18 Mm Popular Plywood (lightweight)
Step 2: At First I Put the Panels Together With Metal Pieces to Keep Everything in Place..
Step 3: I'm Using Screw's Instead of Glue, This Way If Can Change a Panel If Nessecary Over Time...
Step 4: The Drawers Mesures 60x47x15
Step 5: Drawer Locking Device
i wanted easy accesible drawers but they have to lock very well so they do don't pull out when driving the van.
with these hide away button's the drawers are locked tight and easy to open!
1) a washer is welded on a bolt (M8 x 70)
2) the bolt is glued in a plastic table leg protection piece
3) in the back corner of the drawer i fixed a metal corner with an old wheel axle welded on it
4) the bolt slides back and forth in the axle
5) i fixed a spring on to the bolt so it returns after pushing it
Step 6: A Dolly Is Welded From 30x10x2 Metal Tubes and Flightcase Wheels
Step 7: Where to Put the Cordless Drills..hmm..
i was thinking of placing them on the inside of the doors, so when the doors are open you just have to grab them and throw them back in ( as a matter of speaking of course ;-)
this is wat i had in mind..
1) cut a tube (50x50x2) 10 cm long
2) cut the corners out to make a funnel (4cm long)
3) hammer it down
4) weld the sides
5) cut the extra wings
6) weld those together
7)when the funnel is ready weld it to a plate
8)let's give it a test hang
9) great succes!!
Step 8: Mounting and Locking the Doors
1) for these sliding locks i used some scrap metal and a board magnet
2) the hinges are cut out 3 mm deep, besides it looks nice this way i can open the doors at their maximum..