Just as a side note, some of my favorite trail recipes are available at: trailcooking.com
Step 1: Gather Materials
1. 1 pack of m&m's minis
Not only is this a great container for the kit, but you get a snack while you make it.
2. 8 large straws
I like straws from Jack in the box, they are very durable and slightly larger than typical. You can use smaller straws and get more variety in your kit, or you could use bubble tea straws if you want a lot of something.
3. Scotch tape
4. White colored tape for labeling.
I used medical tape i had in my first-aid kit. If you have a label maker that would be great too.
Step 2: Mark & Cut the Straws
2. Cut on the marks.
You should end up with the following:
- 1x 4.5" piece
- 1x 0.5" piece
- 1x 1.0" piece
Step 3: Assemble the Packets
1. Fold back a 1/4" at the end of the longest piece
2. Pinch this section and fully insert it in to the 1" piece of cut straw. (this will be the lid of the packet)
3. Repeat steps 1&2 on the other end, and use the 0.5" piece of cut straw.
4. Tape the end with the short piece of straw in place. (this will be the bottom of the packet)