The IR code is configured for use with a Sony TV, the library is courtesy of http://www.righto.com/2009/08/multi-protocol-infrared-remote-library.html
I also took some IR codes for the TV from here: http://www.openremote.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=15532260
Everything else uses the built in Arduino functions and libraries or my own work.
Step 1: Materials
1. An Arduino UNO.
2. An HC-SR04 ultrasonic module
3. An Infra-red LED
4. An appropriate resistor for your Infra-red LED (I used 220R but the signal is quite weak!)
5. An RGB LED (and resistors if they aren't built in).
6. A breadboard and wires.
Step 2: The Electronics
1. Connect the IR LED to pin 3 via an appropriate resistor, and then connect the cathode to GND.
2. Connect the ultrasonic sensor to 5v and GND where the pins specify. Connect the trigger pin to pin 8 and the echo pin to 7. You can configure these pins in the sketch.
3. Connect the RGB LED to GND and pins 11 (red), 10 (green), 9 (blue). These pins are also configurable.
NOTE: Make sure your LED module has built in resistors or you will damage the LED.