I thought to myself one day, man leather jackets are cool. How can I make it cooler?
And then it hit me.
I had always loved graphic equalizers, so why not put the equalizer in the jacket. And add LED's. AND A SOUND SYSTEM.
"Get kicked out of a party? No problem! the party is in YOUR JACKET!"
Lets get started.
Step 1: Bill Of Materials
- 1 X Leather Jacket
- 2 X Speakers (sub-woofers recommended)
- 1 X Amplifier (optional) link
- 16-30 X Ultra High Brightness Blue LED's link
- 1-3 X Blue LED Strips link
- 1-3 X Blue EL Wire link
- 2 X Ultra High Brightness Red LED's (something I failed at :P) link
- 1-3 X 9V battery clips link
- 1-3 X 9V 2AA battery holder/converter link
- 1 X old headphones
- 1 X 3.5mm port
- 1 X 80mm or bigger Fan
- 1 X Ultra High Brightness Green LED (I accidentally got the 100mcd; aka no brightness LED) link
- 1 X Solder 60/40 + Soldering Iron
- 1 X General Use PCB board link
- 1 X Hot Glue+ Glue Gun
- 2 X VU LED EQUALIZER JACKETS link
- 1 X DPDT switch link
- 1 X 9Volt battery
- 2X AA battery
- Some Speaker Wire
For those who have previous knowledge of electronics, I would recommend building a VU METER from scratch :