Introduction: Underwater Camcorder Mod! With Video!
Step 1: Here Is What You Need...
1. Genuine U.S. Army 50 Cal. Ammo Box 30cm X 14 Cm X 19 Cm
2. Fast Cure 5200 Marine Sealant
3. Industrial Strength Velcro
4. 12" X 12" Lexan or Plexiglass
5. Dremel with cutting blades
Step 2: Preperation...
Place the camcorder in the ammo box and mark the area around the lens. Match that are on the outside and draw out a square large enough to cover the lens area. Mine was 3" X 3" X 3".
Step 3: Build It!
1. Using the Dremel, carefully cut out the hole. Place the camcorder back inside to double check and make sure the lens "sees" through the hole. Clean the area around the hole.
2. Cut a piece of plexiglass about 1/2" larger than the hole. Leave the protective plastic on for right now.
3. Make a bead of Marine Sealant around the hole and attach the plexiglass. I used a couple of lead weighted bean bags to keep the plexiglass in place until it completely cured. Fast Cure takes about 24 hours.
4. After attaching velcro to the camcorder base and your new "underwater housing", put the camcorder in and add the bean bags or other weight as ballasts to keep it in the water.
Step 4: Take It Underwater!
Now here is the video...watch for yourself!!