Introduction: Unique Heart Shaped Duct Tape Card!
So, today we will be making really cool duct tape heart shaped card. It can hold a note or something special! It is a wonderful gift to go along with maybe some candies or teddy bear! It adds that nice personal touch to any gift. This is also a contest entry in the Valentines Day Contest so please vote for me! Now lets get started!
Step 1: Supplies
You will need only five household items to make your unique gift for that special someone.
-Duct Tape.. 2 colors preffered, and the colors are up to you!
-Some type of cutting tool. (X-acto, or box cutter)
-Some type of cutting board. Stainless steel, self healing board like mine, or anything else.
-You might need a ruler if you dont have a nice fancy shmansy cutting board like mine.
Now we got our supplies, lets get started on the hard work! (Not really that hard!)
Step 2: First Step of Making
So lets get started.Follow pictures too!
1. Roll your duct tape out and cut out 4 12 inch strips.
2. Cut all those in half to make 8 6inch strips.
3. Take one of the strips and flip it over so you see the sticky side.
4. Put another strip on top of that with the sticky side down.
5. Put another one up from the first so that it overlaps the first adn repeat step 4.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 in the order 5->4
7. Do that until you get 4 pieces that are overlaped.. it should be roughly 6 inches by 8 inches.
Thats the first part.
Now for the second part.
1.Turn it sideways and draw half of a heart as i did.
2. Fold it in half and cut it out like you did in 1st grade. :)
3. Un fold it and take it out and then repeat all of these steps ( part 1 and 2) until you have 2 hearts!
On the second heart, trace the first heart on to the sheet of duct tape so the 2 hearts are the same.
Lets move forward!
Step 3: Putting It Together
Here we go!
1. Take one of the hearts, and cut it in half.
2. Cut out a 12 inch strip of duct tape and then cut it in half long ways.
3. Cut both of those strips into 1/2 inch incriments. You should have 1 inch by 1/2 inch pieces.
1. Stack the two hearts and put the little pieces around the edge of the two like i did.
2. Flip it over and pull over all the little pieces to connect the two pieces.
3. Now repeat all those steps with the other half of the heart until you have something like the last picture.
Step 4: Optional Flower
This step is optional.. It adds a lot of pzaaz too your heart but you dont have to do it.
1.Cut out 1 8Inch strip of your second color of duct tape.
2. Cut it into 1 inch by 1 inch squares like i did..
3. Now for the folding.. Follow the pictures if you can and ill explain it to the best of my ability.
1. Put your square sticky side up.
2. Fold the bottom right corner uo and in but not all the way like i did.
3. Fold the top right corner down and in until you have a triangle with some sticky side showing like mine.
4. Make 16 of these.
Puting it onto yout heart.
Follow the pictures too.
1. Put them onto it sticky side down with the triangle pointing out.
2. Put eight of those in a circle.
3.Repeat making a inner circle.
1. Clean up your little circle in the middle by replacing it with a real circle.
Now were done!!!!
Step 5: There You Go!
Now you have a wonderful gift for your lady or your man. You can put a special note in side of it of anything else! It makes a great handmade girft that adds your special touch to your gift. Thank you for reading this instructable and please vote for me in the valentines day contest! Enjoy your Hand Made Duct Tape Heart Card!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.