- From the movie 'Lone Survivor'
What an amazing quote my dear creative souls.
I especially loved the fragment "Anything worth doing in life is worth over doing". And isn't is so true that not a long time ago I did not know the awesomeness of the paracord :) and here I am with my third paracord project in just 3 days. And I think those who have not created at least one bracelet using paracord, they are not true paracord lovers LOL.
Try searching google and you may not find anything similar because this is totally original idea of mine. Lucky you, now you will even get to learn to make it Ha ha :D.
Beads and paracord.. oh boy ...what a numerous set of possibilities :).
It looks complex, in fact very complex...but trust me it is easy ...sounds fun ?Lets get started :)
Step 1: Stuff Required
- Two paracords, both different color and 5 feet long. (with their ends singed)
- A cigarette lighter.
- Around 16-20 wooden beads with big holes so that 2 paracords can pass though.
- A sharp scissor
- Our best friend Patience.
Step 2: Find the Middle of the Cord
Step 3: Wrap Around Index Finger
Step 4: Introduce Second Cord
Step 5: Creating a Base Cross Knot. a Tight One.
Pull the second cord until it reaches it middle.
Step 6: Create 4-stands Diamond Knot.
- Create a loose cross knot.
- Pull top right cord from below the adjacent cord clockwise.
- insert it to pass though the center of cross knot.
- Repeat clockwise for remaining three cords.
- All 4 cords should be out from center of the cross knot.
- the last cord must be inserted as shown in the image above, below the cross.
- Adjust to tight until firm (not too tight).
Step 7: Introduce the First Two Beads
- Once the first 4-strand diamond knot is firm.
- Bead two cords in first bead
- and remaining two cords in another bead.
- Adjust beads to tighten the diamond knot.
Step 8: Another Cross Knot and 4-strand Diamond Knot
- Pull the cords (the plum colored) as shown in the image above.
- Create a cross knot gently.
- You will notice that the knot will move swiftly clockwise such that the plum colored cord is coming out from top right. Remember this and you will build through a consistent pattern.
- Make a 4-strand diamond knot just like step 6
Step 9: Bead, Cross Knot, 4S-Diamond Knot... Repeat
- Repeat the patten until it reaches the desired length or till you have around 5 inch of cords remaining.
- Secure the last two beads with the final 4-strand diamond knot.
NOTE: Just in case you are wondering about, why all beads have suddenly become same colored. At the last moment I decided to use only dark brown beads, so I rebuild the entire bracelet again. I thought it looked better this way.
Step 10: Secure the Bracelet With a 4S-Diamond Knot
- About 1 inch away from the final diamond knot.
- Create another diamond knot (You know you create a cross knot first..right :] ).
- Snip the cords close to knot carefully
- Carefully singe the ends
Step 11: Awesomeness Ready :)
Your awesome paracord bracelet with wooden beads is ready.
One thing I was not able to figure out is weather this bracelet is manly, feminine or unisex :), so help yourself please.
Thank you so much for your time to visit & read this ible. Should you have any questions, comments or feedback, please do share in the comments below.
I Hope you like it as much as I did while making this for you.
Please vote if you like.
You are awesome.