Universal AVR programmer
This programmer PCB and SCH is only for students and educational users , NO commercial permission for companies and individuals , Except if you wanna make and use this programmer in a commercial project you should ship a card postal of your country to the our company !
So i decide to give away all of software materials which you needs to make it this including Schematic , PCB , source , bill of material
Special thanks from Thomas Fichel from Germany which has write the program of this programmer which is very famous programmer for AVR's called USBASP
- A 40-pins ZIF socket which you can program all kind of AVR in DIP packages in only one ZIF socket !
- Very easy to use by a ZIF socket for DIP packages and also a ISP port for programming AVR's on the boards (specially AVR's in SMD packages)
- Supports all ATMEL-AVR MCU’s such as AT90 , ATMEGA , ATTINY , etc. as well as S51 series (8051 core's)
- Compatibles with all AVR compilers such as BASCOM , Code-Vision , AVR-studio , etc.
- No external software needed , write and read flash directly through compilers
- No power required , powered through USB
- High speed programming by a DIP switch
- External oscillator to chose external clock
- Target power supply , can supply up to 300mA to targets
- Small size to easy carry
What stuff you needs and how much cost :
Part Number ................Price
Zif socket 40 pins >> 0.75$
Atmega8 >> 1$
USB socket B type >> 0.1$
DIP switch >> 0.04$
Resistors (7PCS) >> ~0.02$
LED green and red >> 0.01$
Plastic spicier >>0.05$
totally cost will be lower than 2.5$ , enjoy guys ! if you did not have money to buy a good programmer
you can buy ALL of this components from dear CHINA :)
How to place AVR's in the ZIF:
Here is a picture which will show you how to place AVR's in the ZIF socket , it's quite clear !
I suggest to use ProgISP 1.72 which a chinese created and it's the best i think so because of the speed and some advantages anyways you can use directly from BASCOM compiler too , NO software needed if you use Bascom AVR from the version beyond 1.98
Also i suggest this great software which is from on of my countryman Behzad Khazama :
Khazama AVR Programmer Software
PCB and Schematic:
The PCB and Schematic has draw by Altium designer Ver. 5 but you can open with higher version too.
If you wanna change the schematic and PCB to the your own application you shoul make a PCB project in Altium designer and then add both PCB and SCH in the PCB project
Source and C program in AVR-GCC compiler :
THe source has been write by my friend Thomas Fiechel and you can download the last version of the source in here
Step By Step :
First find the parts and order PCB or make your own PCB and then assemble the components on the PCB and use another programmer to write program to the Atmega8 and DON't forget to write correct fuse-bits which if even one of the fus-bit be correct your programmer won't work at all !
to know fuse-bites hust open the makefile with wordpad
please if you have any question feel free to ask me here or PM me or you can email me if immediately needs ,
MRH180 <> Gmail <> com
Take care ..... Mohammad
Please have WONDERFUL and FANTASTIC days !!!