With a bit of fabric remnants, a vinyl table cloth and super crafty skills you can put together a baby bib from materials found around the house.
Optional: Crumb catcher and embellishments are an added bonus, but totally un-necessary!
Disclaimer: Never ever leave baby unattended while wearing bib as it can pose a choking hazard.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
2. Vinyl table cloth
4. Scissors, marker, and pins
7. Embellishments: biased tape, buttons suggested but not necessary
Step 3: Trace and Cut
2. Fold table cloth in half and trace with an added 1/2" with marker.
3. Cut pieces.
View Step 7 for "Crumb Catcher"
Step 4: Sew, Notch and Trim
2. Pin along perimeter.
3. Sew with a 1/2" allowance leaving the bottom open.*
(* if the vinyl shifts don't worry your pretty face! the extra 1/2" allowance is for this reason.)
4. Notch where the round edges curve...making sure not to cut the seams.
5. Trim excess.
Step 5: Turn Inside Out
1. Turn the bib inside out from opening at bottom.
2. Use the chopstick to "smooth" out the edges. Run the chopstick along the inside of the seams.
Step 6: Pin and Sew
2. Pin closed.
4. Add velcro to straps.
5. Sew along the perimeter to flatten.
6. Hand sew decorative button to fancify your creation.
Step 7: Optional: Crumb Catcher
1. While newspaper is folded half ways vertically, measure from bottom to top about a third way up.
2. Trace additional fabric along lower third portion of pattern.
4. Place fabric right side facing and sew along top/horizontal/straight edge.
5. Flip so wrong sides are facing and insert along bottom portion of bib in Step 4.
6. Proceed as directed in Step 4.