Have a t-shirt exchange and gather fabric scraps from dated clothing with cool patterns to make this hip fashion re-do. Give grandma a much overdue visit and ask for any fabric scraps she may have lying around. This is also an awesome idea how to save a fav tee you may have stained or torn.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
Old fabric remnants/scraps made from old clothing
Old t-shirt (w or w/out design) to convert to new
Rotary cutter and cutting board or scissors
Step 2: Cut Fabric
2. Arrange strips and cut excess into square.
*Note: If you are covering an image on the old t-shirt measure the design and arrange the strips to cover the design.
Step 3: Sew Fabric Strips
2. Sew the strips together with at least a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
3. Iron the finished square so the block lays flat.
Step 4: Apply Design
2. Place right side of fabric square down and pin sides to t-shirt making sure placement covers design in front.
3. Sew perimeter of square with a 1/2 inch seam allowance and turn shirt right side out.
Step 5: Cut and Voila!
2. Cut the t-shirt following the inch allowance.*
*Be o-so-very careful not to cut through the fabric square behind.