Introduction: Up-cycled Card to Slate Box
Take an old unwanted box.......
Take some slate offcuts.......
Create an awesome new box :)
Step 1: Measure the Box
Measure all the sides of the box.......jot them down as you never remember them all :)
Step 2: Cut the Slate
Use a wet saw tile cutter to cut all the sides of the box
Step 3: Decorate the Inside
- I used flock spray paint as it gives a nice finish and looks very cool
- Spray all four sides and the underside of the lid, don't worry about the base....it will be covered up later on
- Don't forget to spray the can upside down to clear the nossel once finished
Step 4: Cut Off Tabs
- Use a craft knife or scissors to remove the three tabs
- I should have done this before painting as it left a card edge showing....I just resprayed it
Step 5: Attach the Slate Base
- Pre heat the slate in the oven, it only wants to be warm....... this dries the slate and helps the glue stick
- Clean the slate with a tissue to remove dust
- Add hotmelt glue
- Stick in the base
Step 6: Reinforce the Lid Joint
Use duct tape to strengthen the lid joint
Step 7: Attach the Sides
Clean and glue on all the sides and top
Step 8: Use / Enjoy / Give
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.