In this Instructable you will learn the tricks of the "trash trade" and cash in on your trash. Follow these easy steps and turn a potato chip bag into a nifty pocket tissue holder.
All you will need is:
1. Empty potato chip bag
2. Fabric scraps
3. Sewing machine
4. Scissors, ruler and marker
6. A pack of travel tissues
Step 1: Make a Pattern and Cut
2. While the bag is drying, measure a 6x6 inch square of newspaper and cut. Measure and cut a 7.5x 7.5 inch square of newspaper and cut. These will be your patterns.
3. Using the newspaper template, cut a 6x6 inch square of the chip bag.
4. Cut a 7.5 x7.5 inch square of fabric.
Step 2: Fold and Sew Part I
2. Fold the excess over and sew a 'hem' along opposite sides.
3. Measure the center of the square and mark with a permanent marker.
Step 3: Fold and Sew Part II
2. With the hemmed sides overlapped, sew the open sides together.
3. Cut the corners at a diagonal, making sure not to clip the stitches.
Step 4: Turn Your Tricks
2. Use your finger, or a blunt object to push out the corners.
3. Fill your pocket tissue holder with a pack of travel tissues.
*WARNING: using excessive force can cause the perforations in the cellophane bag to tear!!