WHAT IS THE 3 R’S AND UPCYCLING?
The Three R's: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Tips on reducing waste and conserving resources. The three R's - reduce, reuse and recycle - all help to cut down on the amount of waste we throw away. They conserve natural resources, landfill space and energy.
REDUCE: Reducing the amount of waste you produce is the best way to help the environment. There are lots of ways to do this. For example: Buy products that don't have a lot of packaging. Or Start a compost bin. Some people set aside a place in their yard where they can dispose of certain food and plant materials.
REUSE: Instead of throwing things away, try to find ways to use them again.Like:Plastic containers and reusable lunch bags are great ways to take your lunch to school without creating waste.
RECYCLE: Many of the things we use every day, like paper bags, soda cans, and milk cartons, are made out of materials that can be recycled. Recycled items are put through a process that makes it possible to create new products out of the materials from the old ones.
UPCYCLING: reuse (discarded objects or material) in such a way as to create a product of a higher quality or value than the original.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UPCYLING AND RECYCLING?
Upcycling is described as reusing a material without degrading the quality and composition of the material for its next use while recycling breaks down the material it was made of to.
Step 1: ALL STEPS
Old Wood Pieces (4 to make a rectangle shape)
2-3 Cans/Glass Drink (Used)
1. Cut Wood with a saw to make a rectangle. Adjust the width of the case to the cans/glass you will use. Use sandpaper to smooth out any cut edges.
2. Next, nail the wood pieces together to make a rectangular frame.
3. Next drill 2/3 holes on the top depending on the number cans you want to use.
4. Align your cans to the holes on the top of the frame and super glue them to the bottom of the base of the frame.
5. Place your flowers in each of the cans through the holes on the top and you have a wooden flower frame made of cans.