This is a tutorial on how to create Slate Coasters. This can be created by using either re-using slate or new slate. I had made square and triangular coasters. This can be used for personal home used or great as a gift.
- Re-used Slate or new Slate
- Drawer and Door Closure (Optional)
- PVA glue
- Claw hammer
- Ruler (preferably metal)
- A object to engrave a line into the Slate
- Tooth brush or cloth
Step 1: Preparing
1. Mark out the measurements for the coasters with the ruler and the tool you are using to engrave. Mark out approximately 3-5cm away from the actual edge of the slate.
2. After marking out the coasters use a chisel to break the slate in sections but break 2-5cm away from the line that you have marked out. So that is looks like the picture above.