Step 1: Getting in the Mood...
The items today are going to be done in two separate parts. The first part will be for the beginner or the person who isn’t really into a lot of dangle. The second part will be the adding of the dangly beads.
To start, let’s gather our materials. They are as follows:
• Scrap or salvaged Paper (Flyers mailed to you from businesses are great! Try to use thicker ones.)
• Upcycled beads of various size but in complimentary colors to your paper (Can be found on old clothes.)
• 1 paper punch or stencil & scissors for the shape of your paper bead (I used a Martha Stewart heart punch.)
(This will need to be a shape that is the same on both sides for folding)
• Two earring hooks (local Wal-Mart in craft section)
• Two head pins 2 inches long (local Wal-Mart in craft section)
• Glue stick
• Needle Nose Pliers
• Mod Podge or white Elmer’s school glue (local Wal-Mart in craft section)
(Only if you want to seal the paper bead)
• 16 crimp beads same color as earring hooks (local craft store)
• Beading string or wire (local craft store)