Unfortunately the board was in pretty bad shape, there was paint, grooves and some unidentified goo on the surface. So I cleaned up the surface, covered it with white cupboard paper, attached legs so that it could sit at an angle, and added an adjustable pencil tray.
(I hope my brother doesn't want it back now that I fixed it up).
Step 1: What you will need
- drawing board (this is the closest thing I could find that looks like what I have)
- white cupboard liner
- rubber furniture feet ~2.5 inches high
- metal shaft (for the legs)
- plywood board 1ft by 6in, 1/4in thick
- wood 3/4inchX1/4inch thick 12inches long
- wood dowels
- elastic band 1/2inch wide
- elastic string
- thumb tacks
- metal straps or metal hose clamps
- hammer nails
- wood glue