You'll require a nerf gun to modify, and a laser module to install. I got my laser fromhttp://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-5mw-dot-laser-module-3v-46391
Its a 3 volt module, so I could reuse the pair of AA batteries already in the toy.
DX also has laser modules with a cross shape, and a line. However I figured the dot would be best.
Be wary of 3.7 volt modules on the site, they might not even lase on 3.0V
- Small Philips screw driver to undo the case screws
- Side cutters to cut and strip wire
- Soldering iron etc for joining wires, could just twist wires together.
- Tape or heatshrink to insulate joint
- Hot Glue Gun and glue, to fasten wires and module in
- knife or dremel to trim tube