Introduction: Upgrade Stairs
The stairs were too small an looked very old.
Step 1: Intedrade LED´s
1. Drill holes for all LED´s
2. Put them in and connect cables under the stairs.
Step 2: Cut New Step Toppings
1. Make one cardboard template with the largest step.
2. Cut all step toppings (every second mirrored)
3. Mesure up all steps and shorten every step topping, if needed
4. Test it by laying them on their stairs
Step 3: Paint With Clear Parquet Paint
If you like the look: I burned the steptoppings with a kitchen burner
Then paint them with clear parquet paint
Step 4: Paint the Stair in Your Favorite Colour
I took black :)
Step 5: Put the Step Toppings On
I locked them with long golden torx screws
Step 6: Make an New Handrail
Additional I made a simple handrail in the same look.