Traditionally, upside down cakes are made in a cast iron pan. Since we want a special shape, you will need to break out your Instructables Robot Robo-form which will mold the cake. You can also make this with the Hello Kitty form which would be purrr-fect for your feline fanatics.
Step 1: Get ready...
You will need:
- Box of cake mix (any kind, white, yellow, sponge, chocolate, marble, etc.)
- Can of sliced pineapples in syrup ( you can substitute any kind of sliced fruit, canned or fresh)
- A couple of pats of butter
- A bit of brown sugar, any kind of regular sugar will work if brown sugar is not in the cupboard. You will have a richer color and flavor if brown sugar is used.
- Robo-form "pan" (Robo-form with an aluminum foil bottom)
- Heavy cookie sheet or cast iron pan to fit your Robo-form
Don't have an Instructables Robot Robo-form or Hello Kitty-form, make one:
small custom forms
larger custom cake pans.