In return I uploaded a trailer, which you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAj6z9PseCM
This Instructable is for everyone who likes freestyle urban sports. And for those who don't want to get rid of their old shoes.
With Grindoes (What a revolutionary and creative name - I know) you feel like Aggressive Inlining without Inliners. It is something like a training for learning how to grind with Inliners. You don't need a long inrun and it's not that bad if you miss the rail. I am pretty sure you learned to walk earlier than you learned to skate.
Actually, there is an Instructable that shows you how to make related shoes, but this one is cheaper and easier, you probably have everything you need at home and the design is less noticeable (No offence, MKohen's Instructable http://www.instructables.com/id/Soap-Shoesmake-your-own/ is really very good ;))
Summing up, Grindoes are shoes which you can grind with.
Step 1: What you need
- Shoes that fit: Don't take your favorite ones - They might go bust. I use my old Etnies, because they have a thick base. Normally, big and expensive shoes have thick bases.
- PVC pipe: It should have a diameter of about 4cm (16"). It doesn't have to be longer than 15cm.
- Screws: 8 small screws with a length of about 1.5cm (0.6")
- Tape: I suggest crepe tape, but every other tape is okay, too.
- A saw: It should have a more or less thin saw blade. I will come to that in step 3.
- An electric drill: You need two diameters, a thin (~2mm) and a normal (~6mm) one.
- A file: You need it to smoothen the PVC pipe and the hole in the shoes, before you use the
- Sand paper.
- A screw driver: It should fit onto the screws mentioned above.
- A pen
- Grind wax: Any candle will do.