To start, simply:
1. Start Vista and logon
2. Navigate to "My Computer" for the Win Icon menu (formerly known as the start menu).
3. Right click on your compatible device (Flash Drive or Memory Card with compatible reader)
4. Click on "Properties", and navigate to the "ReadyBoost" tab along the top
5. Click on the "Use this Device" radio button (clickable circle), and select the amount of the device you want to use, Windows usually has a recommended amount of space to use.
6. Click "OK", and wait, it usually takes a few seconds to engage
That's it, you are now using your device as RAM, I recommend disenabling ReadyBoost for your device before removing it (though I have heard all the data on the drive is backed up elsewhere and it SHOULDN'T matter), simply navigate back to the ReadyBoost tab as described above, and "Safely Remove" your device
Video provided for those who cannot follow directions.
Link provided here
if the video doesn't load
(I used CamStudio 2.0 for this video, which I plan to use for all future screen capturing (available at CamStudio.org
for free download, the link is at the bottom)