Introduction: Use Your Smartphone Mic With Your PC
Want to make decent quality audio recordings on your PC without investing in a high end microphone ?
A lot of smartphones out there in the market have pretty good audio quality. Some of them even have built-in noise cancellation features. This guide will help you connect your smartphone with your PC to record live audio.
You will need:
1. A Smartphone running Windows Phone / Android / iOS (not tested)
2. One of these apps installed on your smartphone. (Note: There may be other equivalent or better apps available. These are just my personal recommendations. All of them are free)
a. For Windows Phone devices : Real Microphone
b. For Android devices : Microphone
c. For iOS devices : Megaphone
(Note: I have not tested this out on any iOS device. But, theoretically, it should work fine)
3. 3.5mm stereo aux cable
4. A PC or Laptop with Microphone Input
How to Proceed:
1. Use the aux cable to connect your phone to the microphone input of your PC
2. Run the app on your phone. (Ensure you connect the aux cable first, otherwise your phone speakers will howl with feedback)
3. Well, that's it ! You can now use your phone mic to make good quality recordings on your PC.
There is a slight delay or lag of around 1 second due to the software limitations on the phone.