Pictured is a jelly blob made by adding lemon juice and denatured alcohol to the pectin.
Step 1: Liquify the Pectin
- Juice your apples, drink the juice (or whatever else you do with apple juice).
- Run the pomace / pulp through the juicer again to make it more dry.
- In a ceramic or stainless pot, dissolve the pomace / pulp in water.
- The consistency should be ½ as thick as regular apple sauce, very runny.
- Boil the mixture for about 1 hour on low-medium.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature.