You COULD, of course, wear a hat of this style if you were dressing up in a wizard COSTUME. That would be silly too, but in a good way.
Step 1: Tools & Materials
- a half yard of some fabric or other
- a half yard of stiff interfacing
- a small amount of polyfil or other stuffing
- optional decorative trim
- sewing machine (you could sew by hand if you had to)
- measuring tape
- pins are helpful but not vital
Step 2: Hat base
Lay the cone on your fabric, with the seam next to one edge, and cut around the bottom leaving about an inch of seam allowance. Roll the interfacing cone over towards the adjacent side of the fabric to cut the other half. Stitch a cone of this as well.