Introduction: VEGAN Salted Caramel Shortbread
For the base:
- 10 mcvities light digestives (original ones aren't vegan!)
- 1/4 cup of dairy-free butter
For the caramel layer:
- 2 cups of dates
- 1/2 cup of lotus biscoff spread (can be subbed for a nut butter)
- 1/8 teaspoon of fine sea salt (or to taste)
For the chocolate layer:
- 100g vegan chocolate
- Place the biscuits into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter then add to the biscuit crumbs, stir to combine. Place in the base of the cake tin and spread in an even layer, then flatten.
- Put in the fridge.
- Blend the dates in a food processor till smooth. In a large bowl add the date paste, biscoff spread and salt together and mix well.
- Pour the caramel mixture onto the biscuit base and spread evenly. Then place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate, then pour onto the caramel layer and spread evenly. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on top.
- Place it back in the freezer for an hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.