Introduction: VEGAN Sweet Potato Burger
Grand Prize in the
Vegan Food Challenge
Celebrate Fall with this VEGAN Sweet Potato Burger that reflects the colors of the season in it’s ingredients: Sweet potato, beetroot, bell peppers, onions and ginger. Just as there is a myriad of hues outside this time of year, there is also a myriad of flavours in this VEGAN-friendly burger!
PREP TIME: 15mins | COOK TIME: 30mins | TOTAL TIME: 45mins | SERVES: 6 | YIELD: 6 BURGERS
First published here.
P.S. If you loved this instructable, don't forget to vote for it in the VEGAN food contest! Thanks! <3
Step 1: Ingredients
FOR THE PATTIES
- 2 c (15 oz / 425 grams) sweet potato, cooked and grated
- 3/4 c (4 oz / 100 grams) beetroot, cooked and grated
- 3/4 c onion, chopped
- 1/2 c green bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fried red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated finely
- 4 mint leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 c garlic flavoured bread crumbs
- 6 tsp. oil
FOR THE BURGER
- 6 Burger Buns
- 6 Iceberg Lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber, sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/4" rings
- 2 large tomatoes
Step 2: Mix and Shape the Patties
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the grated beetroot). Finally stir in the beets using a form, just until it's dispersed without bleeding too much color into the mixture.
- Divide batter into 6 and shape into 1 inch thick patties. Place patties on a baking tray lined with cling film or wax paper.
Step 3: Fry and Assemble
- Heat a little oil (about 1 tsp per patty) in a pan and fry the patties over medium heat until slightly browned on both sides.
- Assemble the burger with lettuce, fried patty, onion rings, cucumbers, tomato and any other fillers you like.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.