Here is my first instructable. How to make rope/cord from a VHS Tape.
(back story) I saved a bunch of recordable VHS tapes from the dumpster. I, like most people, consider VHS to be out-dated and poor quality. So in-turn I wanted to repurpose these tapes. One of my ideas was to make rope / cord from the magnetic tape inside. I was amazed to find no one else has done this (or maybe I didn't look hard enough). Thus starts the instructable.
- 1/8" metal rod (could probably use coat hangers)
- Couple pieces of scrap wood
- VHS tape (of course)
- Drill bits (size of your metal rod)
- Screwdriver (to open the VHS tape)
- Razorblade or scissors
- Gloves (important as always)
- Pliers (I used linesman pliers)