You can get just about anything flat spiral bound at copy stores or you could buy a machine to bind things yourself. But with the low cost of pre made notebooks and a do it yourself attitude I find it appropriate to take a pre-made notebook and replace the cover. This instructable will tell you how to do just that.
My goals for the project were:
- to make unique spiral bound notebooks,
- to reuse VHS boxes,
- and to complete the project with minimal costs.
I used the following tools:
- Small hole punch (~3.25mm diameter hole.)
- Pliers (Two pliers may be useful.)
- Ruler (Optional)
- Hole punch - $4
- Spiral bound notebook - 25¢ to $2
- 15-30 minutes
Step 1: Obtain a Suitable Spiral Bound Notebook
VHS Tapes are 7 3/8 x 4 1/16 inches. So, I got two notebooks that were 7x5 and had them cut down. I had one cut to 4" wide and the other cut to 3 7/8" wide. I preferred the 4" wide notebook.