Step 1: What You Need:
- Rotary tool & cutting bit
- Fabric (optional)
- Cardboard, thin wood, or plastic
- VHS tape
Step 2: Taking Apart the VHS
- Flip the tape over. There should be five screws; four in the corners and one in the center of the tape. Remove them all and set them aside.
- Remove the two spools from the body of the VHS. Cut the tape so that the spools are no longer joined together.
- Even though all of the black tape will be on one spool there will still be a little bit of clear tape connected to the center of the other spool. Remove that tape; it should just snap off when pulled. If it doesn't, cut it as close to the center of the spool as you can.