Step 1: What You Need
I'm not a woodworker, so excuse me if it's not very crafty. It looks worn and vintage though!
- Bottom: 13cm long x 3,5 cm wide x 4mm thick
- Sides: 3cm long x 3,5 cm wide x 4mm thick (two of 'em!)
- Front and back: 13 cm long x 1,75cm wide x 4mm thick (again, two!)
- Glue suitable for wood
- Paint in whatever color you like
- 4 glass jars with cork. Mine are 25mm x 58mm.
- Filling: mine contain a picture on a thread, confetti hearts and clovers, candy fimo canes and a little rolled up message
Personalize them, so pick whatever you think is suitable for your love! Everyone is different.
Step 2: Making the Rack
Step 3: Filling the Bottles
- A little Polaroid picture of us. My boyfriend collects Polaroid camera's and I wanted to use a picture of us.
I printed out a 2cm x 2cm picture of us on photopaper. First put a thread through a needle and the needle through the top of the picture. You have to be gentle, but you can apply a little pressure because it's photopaper. Now tie a knot in the thread at the back of the picture so it doesn;t slip out. Take a pinhead and tie the other end around it. Cut off any excess thread. Now cut the pinhead in half and stick it in the bottom of the cork. Gently push the picture into the bottle. If it folds a little, just push it back with tweezers. Stick the cork in the bottle and voila, a little floating picture in a bottle! Cuuuuute.
- Confetti hearts and clovers. This is a little cheesy, but I love him very much and I want to smother him in it, so I decided to fill one up with hearts. I also added some clovers, because he found me a four-leaf clover not once, but twice! I made them myself with a heart and clover punch and some red and green paper.
- Candy fimo canes. My boyfriend has an enormous sweet tooth, so this fits him just right. Only thing is that he can't eat them! Mahahaha. I bought them online and sliced them into small pieces.
- Message in a bottle. This one is also cheesy, but hey, you can't work around it. Write a personal message on a small piece of paper and wrap a pretty ribbon around it. Put a little bit of white sand in the bottle and stick the paper in there.
Put all the bottles in the rack, add a little tag and you have the perfect personalised Valentine's day gift. Very easy and super cute! Last but not least, a shout out to my lovely boyfriend. He was the one who introduced me to Instructables. :)