Love inspires!! isn't it? Thats exactly what happened when I thought of making something for my beloved for this valentine's day. I call this Heartland because it has so many hearts (heart shaped craft mirrors) and it depicts (at least according to me) as if hearts are growing from tiny little ones to the bigger ones, each ready to be taken or stolen by someone who is going to love them forever.
So thats the love story... lets begin with the instructable.
Step 1: Stuff that you will need
This is purely a work of art, other than what is necessary to make this decorative, let your creative juices flow to decorate it further.
This is what you will need, most of the stuff I already had, the stuff which I had to buy was cheap in India too, I believe other counties or regions will have it cheap as well.
1. A round scrap wood (you can experiment with a square too). Mine is timber wood, you can use a plywood or similar too.
2. Sand paper no 120
3. Some wood polish (some sort of Polyurethane compound. In India, used Asian Paint's Touchwood)
4. Some kebab skewers, keep 20-30 handy (6" or 8" or both)
5. Heart shaped Craft mirrors (at least 2 different sizes, I used 10 smaller and 10 slighly bigger ones)
6. Round small craft mirrors (10-12 should do)
7. 1 watt LED light with driver (you can find it in any electrical store in home lighting segment), I already had it.
8. Hot Glue gun
9. A cutter (paper cutter will do or use a garden pruning tool)
10. A hole saw (to drill a small hole).
11. A power cord for lamp
12. A pencil (to mark)
13 A household drill.
14 A dry cotton cloth.
15. Oh...almost forgot this , a geometrical compass.
The pictures in this step are only for items which you need to be sure of, other items are simple and easy to understand.
I had actually drilled a small hole already in the center of circular wooden base before I realized that I forgot to take a picture, sorry about that.