This is a quick and easy no-cook pie to make that is unique and looks like you spent more time on it that you did. It is easy enough for a grade schooler to make with supervision and it not only builds their skills, but their confidence to proudly proclaim "I made this!".
It is also inexpensive - the total cost is well under $5, which is more than what you would pay for a commercially prepared pie.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 pkg Kool-Aid Tropical Punch Kool-ade
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (16 oz if you want to pipe whipped cream around the
edges, but that is optional and I did not use it for this project).
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp. heavy or whipping cream
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 jar Marichino cherries
(I tweaked by recipe from the following recipe that I posted at Recipezaar:
http://www.recipezaar.com/Kool-Aid-Pie-343083 and this that was based on on original recipe at http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/kool_aid_pie.)