Introduction: Vanellope Von Schweetz Hair Candy
So Vanellope Von Shweetz, definitely one of my favorite characters from "Wreck-It Ralph." She has this amazing hair design which is sprinkled with every type of candy. Which really pops against her black hair, hence why the rainbow wig isn't here right now. After looking around at the different methods of making her hair decoration I eventually decided that I really wanted to try the effect with REAL candy. Yup everything in my hair is real candy, but it's water proof and perfectly mobile.
Step 1: Gather Materials!
1. 16-18 Gauge wire. You can match the wire to your hair color but if you're doing Vanellope than you want black.
2. Wire Cutters
3. Needle nose pliers with TAPE over the ends. This is to protect the wire and the pliers!
4. Epoxy Resin, don't try this with Polyester resin it will not work.
5. Candy of various shapes. If you want Vanellope's exact candy shapes you're going to have to go to the internet, but drugstore candies work ok if you want to get close. GUMMY BEARS DO NOT WORK.
6. Industrial Strength Glue
7. Disposable Plastic Cups
9. Cardboard to set the candies on during their drying and hardening times.
Step 2: Follow the Video!
Whether you want to replicate Vanellope's hair, or you just think you need to add some sweetness this works really well. The nice thing with all the candies being individual is you can easily decide just how crazy you want to go.
Hope you enjoy your new hair, I keep finding excuses to put them in my hair personally.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.