It has a dedicated 5V dc supply for logic circuits. Plus a 1.3V dc to 22V dc variable supply. My volt meter only goes to 20V dc so at 22V the meter is pegged clear over.
The reason some of this is built this way is because i used everything from my parts on hand, except the 1K 2 Watt resistor. That i had to buy for this project.
1) Lm317 IC
1) .1µf cap Mylar number 104
1) 10µf cap 16v
1) 1µf cap 50v
1) 100 ohm 1/4 Watt resistor Brown Black Brown
1) 220 ohm 1/4 Watt resistor Red Red Brown
1) 1K ohm 2 Watt Resistor Brown Black Red
1) 5K pot. A 2k Would be best
2) 1N4007 Diodes
1) Volt Meter 20V dc
1) DPDT Toggle sw
2) SPST Toggle sw
1) Power Supply or Transformer 24V out
1) Mounting Board or Project Box
4 ) Header Pins
?) Various Screws, Wire ect
? ) Stuff i Forgot to list
The LM317 voltage regulator has 3 posts. Looking at it from the front, from left to right its 1 2 3. Post 1 is adjust. Post 2 is V out. Post 3 is ground. Its easy to get them mixed up, so be aware of orientation.
Step 1: Tools and Be-Careful
There are 4 pictures of things you dont want to use.
Be-Careful so you can choose the 4 of these you want to use.
You wouldn't want to be forced to choose the 4 you dont want to use.
!!! KEEP IT SAFE !!!