Introduction: Vegan Banana Cocoa Muffins
Super delicious and easy vegan two coloured banana cocoa muffins!
- 260 gr all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 16 gr baking powder
- 400 gr rice milk + 50 gr for the cocoa + 50 gr for the banana puree
- 3 tbsp. cocoa
- 2 big bananas ( 1-1/2 for the mix, 1/2 for decor if you wish)
- 100 gr vegetable oil of your preference (I used soy oil)
- 150gr raw brown sugar
Preparation time: 30min.
Cooking time: 20-30min. (depending on your type of oven), 180°C
Step 1: Prepare Your Dry and Liquid Ingredients
- First thing, you have to make your banana puree just mashing with a fork 1-1/2 banana + 50 gr rice milk in a bowl.
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl and keep separated.
- Pour the vegetable oil in the banana puree and stir well. Don't be afraid of the way it looks! It's going to get better as you go on pouring dry ingredients!
Step 2: And Now...stir Altogether!
Pour in the mix and stir very well the flour and the rice milk alternatively! It's very important in this step that you do it alternatively so that on one hand you can control the quantity and on the other you'll get a nice and smooth mix. Separate 1/2 of the mix to make it cocoa flavoured.
Tip: I use almost exclusively rice milk for my sweet recipes because it gives a soft and silk like texture to the mix! I recommended it if you didn't try it yet!
Step 3: The Fun Part...Cocoa!
In a small bowl blend the cocoa in 50 gr of rice milk. This step requires a little bit of patience because the cocoa isn't going to easily combine with the milk due to its powdered form and you can't heat up the milk either! Just be patient! You're almost finished! ^_^
Now, you just have to pour your cocoa mix in the one half of white mix you saved from the previous step! Stir very well!
At this point you got 2 mixes for your muffins! Make sure they have the same composition or else they will bake differently!
Step 4: Baking Time!
I use silicon muffin cups as muffins won't get stuck when you'll try to peel them off!
So, the only thing you have to do now is to wait 20-30 approx. to taste your great cooking! ^_^
I bake them at 180°-200°C but actually temperature and baking time depend on your oven!
To decor the muffins I used a vegan hazelnut-cocoa spread and banana slices, but you can put whatever you love! If you want to make your own vegan hazelnut-cocoa spread, you can try this recipe: https://www.instructables.com/id/Raw-Greek-Merenda-...
I wish you enjoyed my recipe! Bon apetit! ^_^