These Crunchy GardeinChick’n Wraps are so addicting. If you have a friend or family member who is convinced they could never go vegan, give them some of these wraps. It’ll shut them right the hell up, lol, or asking for seconds, either of which are a great thing! I am often asked by my wife to make these all the time, but because the chick’n strips are processed, I try to keep from consuming them on a regular basis. But if you don’t have the time to make meals from scratch every day, this recipe is one to keep on hand at all times, along with a bag of Gardein in the freezer!
Step 1: Gardein 7-grain Chick'n Strips Nutrition Facts
The Gardein strips are by no means “healthful” but they are cruelty-free and less impactful to your health than actual deep-fried chicken strips could ever be. Here is a quick look of the ingredients and nutrition facts of the Gardein strips.
Step 2: Ingredients:
Here is a list of what you'll need for this recipe:
For the Mango-Cilantro-Mayonnaise Sauce:
- 1 Large Mango, Diced
- 2 cloves garlic, Minced
- 1 Medium Shallot, Minced
- 3/4 oz Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 oz Sugar
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
For the Wraps:
- 1 Bag Gardein Chick'n Tenders
- 10 Vegan Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 Head Purple Cabbage, Shredded
- Avocado, thinly sliced
Step 3: For the Mango-Cilantro-Mayonnaise Sauce
- Combine the mango, vinegar, sugar, shallot, and 1 Tbsp of water into a saute pan over medium heat. Cover and simmer until the mango has softened, approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mango mixture into a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer into a bowl and allow to cool. While cooling, prepare the Gardein Chick'n strips as instructed on the package (oven method recommended).
- While Gardein Chick'n strips baking, stir in the vegan mayonnaise into the mango mixture along with the cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, & pepper. Mix well to insure that all ingredients are incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Step 4: To Make the Wraps:
- After the Gardein strips have baked fully, and mango-cilantro-mayo sauce has been prepared, shred the cabbage.
- To assemble, warm tortillas and place two pieces of the Gardein Chick'n onto the top half of the tortilla, and top with a good amount of sauce, followed by a small amount of the shredded cabbage. Layer the sliced avocado on top.
- Roll the tortilla tightly to keep the contents in place and serve with a side of choice. Enjoy!
Note: Sauce may be prepared in advanced and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.