What better snack than chocolate on top of chocolate?! And VEGAN!! These delicious brownies are such an easy bake that requires few ingredients, a little time, and a big pinch of love that will result in smiles and enjoyment for all! Be warned, they will not last for very long.
Step 1: Ingredients:
Makes Approximately 12 brownies
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder or Cacao Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter or Margarine
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tsps Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cups Vegan Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Step 2: For the Brownies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, Fahrenheit. Lightly oil an 8 or 9-inch baking pan (I use unrefined coconut oil, however any oil with a medium smoke point will suffice) and set the pan aside for later.
- In a bowl mix the flour, cocoa/cacao powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside for now. In a bowl, cream the sugar and margarine until the mixture is no longer grainy and is light or fluffed. Stir in both the water and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture into your dry ingredients and stir until well blended. (swap arms for a full workout in the kitchen, lol). *If mixture is very thick, slowly add in vegan milk substitute (such as Almond Milk, Flax Milk, Rice Milk, etc) until desired consistency has been reached*
- When batter is fully mixed and well combined, fold in the vegan chocolate chips. Add the batter into the oiled baking pan and place into the oven and bake until the center is set (test with a toothpick inserted into the middle, as it should come out clean), approximately 35-45 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool for about an hour before cutting and serving. If any will be saved for later enjoyment, please store them into an airtight container.
My recommendation:Enjoy your vegan brownies warm along with a tall glass of ice cold unsweetened Flax Milk (for a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids and fortified B12)! Enjoy!