Plus, they're not too sweet so you can eat lots of them at once. HOORAY!
This recipe will make around 24 cookies - depends on how big you make them.
Step 1: Ingredients!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (brown or white!) + more for rolling in
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional if you don't like the taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup water + more as needed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup melted Earth Balance or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
Step 2: Mix the Dry Ingredients + Preheat Oven to 375 F
Step 3: Mix the Wet Ingredients!
Step 4: Combine Wet and Dry!
It will take a bit of stirring to get everything combined. After you've stirred for a minute or two, if it still looks crumbly, you can begin adding water a little at a time. I add about a tablespoon at a time.
You want the dough to be slightly gummy and firm when you're done and look like the third photo. :)
Step 5: Roll Into Balls and Bake.
(You can easily fit 12 on a sheet, but I always do less the first round just in case the dough got too warm and they spread.)
Step 6: Let Cool and Eat!
They get firmer as time goes on but still stay soft in the middle! But they've only survived a few days in my house so I can't tell you how long they store for.