Introduction: What Are Meatless Crumbles?
Veggie crumbles are soy protein — textured vegetable protein (TVP). This protein is processed in chunks and then made into smaller nuggets.
Step 1: Always Prep Before You Cook
Prepping consist of gathering and chopping your ingredients. Depending on what you cook depends on how you'd like to season.
For my Meatless Crumbles, I will be using:
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 1 cup of broccoli
- Tomato Sauce (any version is okay, as long as its sauce and not paste)
Ideas on other veggies to add:
- Red Pepper Flakes
Step 2: Seasoning Meatless Meat
To season to the meat crumbles (which is made of chickpeas and beans):
- Add one packet of meat crumbles
- Pour one cup full of tomato and basil sauce
- Add a teaspoon of parsley
- Add three spoons of McCormick Seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Stir on low for 20-25 minutes.
Step 3: Play With the Receipes
Play with the pasta! I believe the most important element to keep
this recipe sacred is the meatless crumbles, but aside from that, personalize it! Feel free to add or change the vegetables. It also doesn't have to be lasagna, I love to mix the pasta by using spaghetti or penne pasta. When I use either of those, I don't add the ricotta. Share with me your thoughts on how your recipe came out.